Thursday, March 6, 2008

frail yet strong

This is a picture I took this morning while out for a walk. This is the aftermath of an ice storm we recently experienced. This is part of a thicket (if you will) in one of my neighbor's yards. I think it is just beautiful. I tried to get pictures of the trees, but they just didn't turn out as well. Goes back to that practice thing. I really wish I could have gotten a picture though. There is part of my drive to work where there are trees on both sides of the road. It was so stunning, like driving through a crystal forest. All this ice caused a lot of problems in the way of power outages and downed trees though. It made me think how something like ice, which is can be so easily shattered and fragile, can be so strong as to pull down such strong things as the power lines and branches of century old trees. It gets me thinking on the cause and effect that things in nature have on each other. Now not that I want to see lots of ice storms, but I am glad we had one for the sheer fact that it gave us both something beautiful to look at, and something to think about. Gotta love that :cD

No comments: